Senior IT Director
Highly Accomplished IT Executive with career history of aligning innovative technical strategy with business needs to modernize systems, elevate productivity, and capture multimillion-dollar cost savings. Leverages business analysis acumen and project management abilities to implement powerful solutions while streamlining core processes. Hands-on team leader who develops top-performing technology professionals and inspires trust and confidence at all organizational levels. Confident communicator, client-focused relationship-builder, and diligent business manager.
Areas of Expertise
IT Infrastructure/Design – Business & Technology Strategy – Information Systems Security – Network Administration Project Management – Process Improvement – Needs Assessment – Cost Reduction – Client Relations – Negotiations Systems Engineering – Strategy & Planning – QA/Testing – Technical Support
Greystone Programs Inc – Hopewell Junction, NY Present
Director of Information Technology (present)
Responsible for the recreation of the IT Function, including Governance, Strategic Planning, and Operational Procedures as well as day to day operational management.
· Moved Server Infrastructure to the Cloud negotiated and closed a deal with Singlehop to host the agencies servers in the cloud. Managed the project to migrate those servers, on-time and under budget.
· Implemented Managed Network and Print Services, successfully negotiated with ViaWest and National Business services to take over the Fortinet Firewall infrastructure and the print network respectively.
· Created a cloud based document management and signature solution: Implementing the Adobe Team model, we recreated all agency forms to Adobe Forms, and utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud to manage workflows.
· Secured all Endpoints, utilizing AVG CloudCare and fully implemented IBM Maas360 to secure all mobile and non-mobiel endpoints.
· End User Education, created an on-going weekly end user training platform, utilizing both classroom and online collaborative technologies to grow the end user community’s technical abilities.
Marist College – Poughkeepsie, NY Present
Adjunct Professor (present)
Instructing Management Information Systems, Database Management Systems and Data Communications in Marist College’s School of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Macur Computuing Services – Marlboro, NY 2012-Present
Provided full range of IT consulting services to local small business. Offerings included: deskside support, LAN support, server support and server build. Other services included data migration strategies from server to cloud technologies and data recovery.
Syncora Guarantee – New York, NY 2000 to 2012
Vice President of Outsourcing Operations (2005 to 2012)
Database Administrator (2002 to 2005)
Operations Manager (2002 to 2005)
Senior Network Administrator (2000 to 2002)
IT Specialist (2000)
Promoted through a series of increasingly responsible positions to direct international IT projects as VP of Outsourcing Operations. Led cross-functional, geographically distributed teams in supporting IT infrastructure, security, procurement, governance, and regulatory compliance for hundreds of users in numerous international locations. Negotiated large-scale contracts with IBM and Blackberry. Renegotiated Microsoft Enterprise License Agreement to attain major cost savings. Captained design and launch of new offices in London and Bermuda. Migrated data infrastructure to newly established offices and three domestic offices.
· Elevated company to $550M firm by spearheading consolidation of three offices into one centralized space.
· Administered $20M IBM vendor outsourcing contract, encompassing network, server, and end-user services.
· Cut $5M in expenses by transitioning to IBM Managed Services.
· Secured $7M in savings by renegotiating multiple IBM contracts, realigning services to meet needs of evolving company.
· Saved $6M+ by accomplishing unprecedented agreement with IBM to lease Syncora’s Bermuda IT Operations.
Burn-One.com – Purchase, NY 2000
Senior Network Engineer
Managed and maintained network environments to ensure smooth operations, maximize system performance, and enhance availability for users. Administered numerous servers, workstations, and video-conferencing units. Architected Liquid Audio and Microsoft Media Server. Trained 20 personnel on Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and Windows Media Server. Authored technical documents in HTML, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat for intranet publication. Revitalized internal network to streamline interfaces.
· Realized $100K+ in savings by implementing and configuring Netscape emails servers for two websites and establishing email-driven technical support system.
· Cut costs by $50K and reduced asset deployment time 70% by negotiating purchase agreement and credits terms with external vendor.
Additional experience as Network Administrator ǀ Team Lead for Keane, Inc. and Director of Technology for Millbrook School.
Software: Microsoft Project 2016, Visio 2016, Office365,SQL Server 2014, Adobe Acrobat DC
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS,Microsoft Windows Server 2008,2012
Hardware: IBM/HP Intel Servers, All Desktop/Laptop Workstations, Blackberry, Android, IOS
Networks: LAN, VPN, VOIP, WAAS
Education & Training
Marist College – Poughkeepsie, NY
Master of Science in Information Technology & Computer Science
Saint John’s University – Jamaica, NY
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Certificate of Management Excellence, American Management Association
Time Management, American Management Association
Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, American Management Association